I have two Sweet Blogging Friends that have awarded me recently. I wanted to post these because it is always special when someone thinks enough of you to recognize you for an award.
The first award comes from Kim at The Seventh Diamond
The Rules are simple:
*You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award.
*The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas.
*You must link back to the person who gave you the award.
*You must list 5 things that you love about Christmas.
*Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 45; it’s up to you. But, you must pass it on to at least one person in order to keep the Christmas cheer going!
*Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment on their blog.
Here are the 5 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT CHRISTMAS:
1) First and foremost… JESUS is what I love about Christmas! HE is the reason why we celebrate! Like Faith Hills new song.. “A Baby Changes Everything”! (if you haven’t heard it.. ohhhh.. you betta go listen!) Many people have tried to take him out of the equation… but, they are Unsuccessful, & always will be with the Christian community. My prayer is that all those that oppose him.. will one day recognize His Great Love for them!!
2) I Love my Christmas cards that I receive every year from friends and family from afar!! They absolutely make my day!! If you get a chance click here to see what I wrote last year about them.
3) I like buying gifts for the kids & seeing there faces! It’s precious!
4) We also LOVE Operation Christmas Child. We participate in this every year! Each kid puts together one box for a needy child at Christmas. It helps the kids to really understand what Christmas is all about… Giving & NOT just receiving!
5) I love decorating for the holidays & we Love to go as a family driving around looking and admiring the Christmas lights.
I won’t tag anybody for this one.. as Kim said herself.. there are ALOT of festive blogs out there in blogland & I don’t want to miss anybody. So, if you’re reading this & you love Christmas.. consider yourself TAGGED!
And now, for the next award which was giving to me by Livin’ Out Loud. She is a new buddy of mine, who is super sweet & is quick to leave an encouraging word! I’ve enjoyed reading her blog & know first hand that she is truly deserving of this award herself! 😉
Here is the meaning of this award…
This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY – nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award. And the winners are…….
1~Jill at Misson to Macie Jill has been my buddy since the beginning of my blogging days. I truly LOVE her Spunk & Personality!! She is a HOOT! love you girl!
2~Buffi at Journey to Journey Buffi too has been with me for awhile! I love her encouraging words.. when we met she just emailed me one day to help me out on an adoption matter (that I was Freaking out on)! I didn’t even know her.. but she cared enough to write me and try and help us out! Thanks Buffi!
3~Amy at FoxY Ma Amy & I have known one another “personally” for a while. She is a Great Friend & I miss her terribly!!
4~Amie at Heart Smiles I met Amie awhile back and I love reading her blogs! She is just too funny!
5~Shanna at Our Big Crazy Family Shanna is another encourager! And, I don’t know how she does it with 6! You’re my hero GIRL!
6~Lanie (private blog) I miss her witty self. She’s been out of the blog world lately because she recently got home with her 8th child!!!! Okay Lanie.. I’ll let you slide! One of Lanie’s spiritual gifts is giving Words of Affirmation! She has been my little personal cheerleader for awhile now with my hairbow biz & probably one of my biggest supporters!! I miss ya & love ya girl!
7~Adele at Making Memories with Mallory and Meredith Adele is an adoptive mom of Mallory and is waiting for Meredith! God willing that will happen soon!!! I love her blog, she is one talented momma who enjoys spending time with her little girl. I like reading about all of their adventures!
8~This last one I’m sure has probably already been nominated!! She is a Jewel in the blogger community! If you don’t know her … you ARE missing out! It is Denise at Tucked Inside My Heart She ALWAYS has something kind and thoughtful to say.. & I see her commenting everywhere! And… these are not just some generic comments… these are truly HEART FELT! I don’t know how she finds the time.. but she does! Thanks Denise!